The main principles for evaluating a grant application are:
- Mission Alignment - How do you support the Celo mission?
- Market Opportunity - How does your proposal increase the reach of Celo and assets?
- Technical Innovation - How does your product contribute to the tech stack in the Celo ecosystem?
- Ability to execute - What type of success / traction have you demonstrated to date?
How do we make decisions?
- The Celo Foundation Board - gives feedback and guidance on a quarterly basis on the focus areas of the Grants Program.
- Grant Committee - an external council of advisors who are mission aligned and help capture the trends and direction for the projects, informing the Request for Proposals. The Grant Committee meets on a monthly basis to approve the grants.
- Subcommittees - consists of subject matter experts from within the community who help review the application.
- Committee stewards - portfolio leads of the subcommittees who work closely with the Grants team to review and recommend grant applications.