Grant applications submitted over the notion page are evaluated on a monthly rolling basis. For example: once an application is received by the 15th of a given month, review and decision is shared with the applicant in the same month itself. If an application is submitted after the 15th, the decision will be communicated by the end of the following month.
The main principles for evaluating a grant application are:
- Mission Alignment - How do you support the Celo mission?
- Market Opportunity - How does your proposal increase the reach of Celo and assets?
- Technical Innovation - How does your product contribute to the tech stack in the Celo ecosystem?
- Ability to execute - What type of success / traction have you demonstrated to date?
How do we make decisions?
- The Celo Foundation Board - gives feedback and guidance on a quarterly basis on the focus areas of the Grants Program.
- Grant Committee - an external council of advisors who are mission aligned and help capture the trends and direction for the projects, informing the Request for Proposals. The Grant Committee meets on a monthly basis to approve the grants.
- Sub-committees - consists of subject matter experts from within the community who help review the application.
- Committee stewards - portfolio leads of the subcommittees who work closely with the Grants team to review and recommend grant applications.