Quick Links 📌
Brand Kit for more information
- Quick Links 📌
- Brand Kit Guide 🗺️
- Celo Socials 💬
- Due Diligence (KYC) Form 🔐
- Marketing Amplification Support Form 📄
- Social Media Request Form 📄
- X Space Request Form 📄
- Communications and Media Relations Best Practices 👍🏼
- Social Media Marketing Best Practices 👍🏼
- Emoji Use
- 🚫 Do not use: 🚀 🤑 💸 📈 💰
- ✅ Commonly Used Emojis by the Celo Foundation
- Hashtags #️⃣
- X Banner
- X Post
- Sample Copy
- Sample LinkedIn Post
- Sample Press Release
- Sample Blog Post
- Sample Instagram Post
- Instagram Story
- Sample Instagram Reel
- Calendar of events
Brand Kit Guide 🗺️
- Twitter Post [1600x900]
- Twitter Cover [1500 x500]
- Instagram Feed [1080 x 1350]
- Instagram Reel: [1080x1920]
- Instagram Story [1920x1080]
- TikTok: 9:16 MP4
- LinkedIn Portrait [1920 x 1080]
- LinkedIn Square [1200 x 1200]
- LinkedIn Cover [1128x191]
- Facebook Cover [820x312]
- Discord Events Cover [800x400]
- Youtube Short: [1080x1080] MP4
- Brand Persona: The Compassionate Collaborator
- Approachable, but not casual
- Mission-driven, but not charitable
- Expert, but not cerebral
- Inclusive, but not exclusive
- Bold, but not audacious
- Acronyms and Abbreviations (Stylized Per Brand Guidelines)
- Words We Love
- For all
- Digital economy
- Words and Terms We Avoid
Celo Socials 💬
Due Diligence (KYC) Form 🔐
Before you submit a marketing request, please make sure your project has completed Celo Foundation’s Due Diligence form for marketing.
Marketing Amplification Support Form 📄
This is to request amplification support from Celo for your project for upcoming launches, campaigns, pilots, etc. This form can also be used to request launch support for your project.
Celo Foundation Marketing Amplification Request
The purpose of this form is to submit request for the Celo Foundation to amplify launch & announcements marketing content for ecosystem projects. Please note all comms from the Celo Foundation may be subject to legal approval. Suggested copy submitted may change.
Social Media Request Form 📄
This is for requests for the @CeloOrg X profile to repost
X Space Request Form 📄
This form is to request a Twitter Space to be hosted on @CeloOrg X profile. Please include all the required details including dates and potential host. Note that all requests are subject to confirmation.
Communications and Media Relations Best Practices 👍🏼
Here are some guidelines and recommendations for amplifying milestones and announcements externally to media representatives.
While there is no “one-size-fits-all” approach, it is crucial that all parties involved have agreed upon the timeline of the announcement and the terms that will be shared externally.
Tech and blockchain media outlets specifically prefer tangible data and use cases, so announcing any milestone should include details regarding traction to date, current progress, and a longer-term roadmap.
The most common practice for media outreach can be broken into three categories:
- Exclusive Outreach: Announcement is shared with one outlet ONLY until an agreed-upon day/time. Once the story is broken, it may be shared with other reporters.
- Embargoed Outreach: The announcement is shared in advance with multiple journalists, with each agreeing to the exact time/go-live for publishing a story. Each journalist should be offered the exact same time and date of the agreed-upon embargo lifting.
- Wide Outreach: Sharing the news broadly, with no limitations regarding when a potential story is published.
You can often find a journalist’s information on their author page or the masthead of their respective publication. You might also find their information on their social media channels.
When reaching out to reporters:
- Do not contact their personal phone numbers or email addresses unless otherwise given permission
- Carefully consider the timing, and quantity of, follow-ups. Journalists receive hundreds of pitches daily, so following up after an appropriate length of time has passed is fair but repeated follow-ups typically are not well received.
- On the record. The information can be used with no caveats, quoting the source by name.
- Off the record. The information cannot be used for publication.
- On background. The information can be published but only under conditions negotiated with the source.
Instead of, or in addition to, media outreach, you can share an announcement through your owned channels (such as social media profiles and a blog post on Medium or your website.) If you wish to further amplify an announcement, you can leverage wire distribution services such as Business Wire, PR Newswire, or ChainWire, for placements in media outlets.
Considerations for wire distribution:
- Pricing - cost structure is typically tied to word count and distribution regions.
- SEO - wire distribution can benefit the search engine optimization of a project. Ensuring all language is accurate and in line with company branding is crucial.
- Finality - once a release is distributed, you cannot retroactively edit without costs incurred. Even then, there may be versions of the initial release remaining on the internet. As a result, always ensure the release is finalized and approved by all parties mentioned and involved before distributing.
Social Media Marketing Best Practices 👍🏼
Here are some definitions as well as a guide on what to focus on when analyzing past content.
The number of times users engaged with your content. This is usually measured by clicks, likes, comments, and shares or overall actions taken by users.
The number of times your content was displayed to users. This is measured by when a user scrolls by your content but does not take an action or engage. Considered the lowest form of engagement.
A vote of approval from a user. They signal to those viewing that others got value from the content and add social proof.
When a user leaves a comment under your content. Some algorithms such as Twitter prioritize comments over likes or impressions. Considered a high form of engagement.
When a user shares your content on their feed. Also a high form of engagement and can lead to virility.
This means “Call to Action” it is the action step you want a user to take after viewing your content. This usually involves clicking on a link.
🚫 Do not use: 🚀 🤑 💸 📈 💰
Please note that we are restricted legally on engaging with content that includes the above emojis, so avoiding them would be best when submitting a request.
✅ Commonly Used Emojis by the Celo Foundation
🎉 🥳 Congratulations
💫 ✨ Proud
🇧🇷 🇨🇴 Flags for Countries
👨🏾💻 💻 🛠️ Builders, Devs, Founders
🏆 Hackathon winner
✅ 📌 Information
📅 📆 ⏰ Dates and times
Sample LinkedIn Post
Sample Press Release
Sample Blog Post
The Celo Foundation Announces Google Cloud is Running a Validator on the Celo Network
Celo Foundation today announced that Google Cloud is running a validator on the Celo network, which is helping to strengthen the overall…
Sample Instagram Post
Sample Instagram Reel
Calendar of events
Here is a list of upcoming events held by the Celo Foundation